Certain type of situations or people can provoke angry reactions resulting in:
- Pulse acceleration,
- Blood pressure increase,
- Muscle strain,
The reasons for anger may be various. We get angry when we are:
- Abandoned and lonely.
How to deal with this problem? Having got angry, some people close in themselves, fall in depression and choose the easiest way, in their opinion, to cope with such a tough situation – drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc.
Others, on the contrary:
- Become aggressive towards the people around,
- Attack upon no reason,
- Require a complete submissiveness,
- Make threats.
The more often a person is angry, the more his aggressive behavior increases over time.
Whatever the behavior of the depressed person might be, he is:
- Need help from relatives or a professional.
The control of anger depends on how we manage our emotions and what is our level of emotional intelligence.
Analyze the situation in which angry feelings dominate you and ask yourself:
- What is the reason for me to burst?
- Can I change the situation?
- At whom am I actually angry – at myself, as I cannot take control of my feelings, or at the person next to me?
“When I go in a group of three people, I always have teachers. I can choose to either follow the good qualities of the first one or correct the bad feature of the other one in myself.” (Confucius’ Analects”, 7: 21)
There are various methods to control anger:
- Slow breathing – heart rate slows down gradually and you become capable of thinking rationally, without succumbing to anger overwhelming you.
- Countdown slowly: 10, 9, 8,…, thinking of the following number and gaining time to adjust to the situation and anger.
- Meditate, do physical exercises, listen to your favorite music to relax, walk in nat
- Talk calmly with the people who provoke your angry reactions and you could start discovering new agreeable things in them.
- Look at the situations that provoke your anger from the funny point of view.
- Record the situations in which you get angry. You’ll find that most of them resemble to each other and you will gradually start overcoming them.
- If people around you suffer because of your angry outbursts, talk with them diplomatically and ask their pardon and help to cope with the negative emotions.
- Should you feel that you get angry and strain your muscles, start relaxing.
- Restless sleep, food regime and how often you relax also affect your condition and should not be ignored.
- Make a plan and exercises by choosing several methods to perform and they will help you reduce your angry reactions.
- Follow your plan exactly and gradually. Even the smallest steps lead to success, so reward your work.
- Your life is a value, while anger only worsens your health. Therefore, fight your negative emotions.
Controlling your angry responses will be useful both for you and for the people around you.